2 consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds (even to the point of incongruity); "an arrangement of assorted spring flowers"; "assorted sizes"; "miscellaneous accessories"; "a mixed program of baroque and contemporary music"; "a motley crew"; "sundry sciences commonly known as social"- I.A.Richards [syn: assorted, miscellaneous, motley, sundry(a)]
3 involving or composed of different races; "interracial schools"; "a mixed neighborhood" [syn: interracial]
- Rhymes with: -ɪkst
- past of mix
- Having two or more separate aspects.
- I get a very mixed feeling from this painting.
- Not completely pure.
- My joy was somewhat mixed when my girlfriend said she was pregnant; it's a lot of responsibility.
- Including both men and
- The tennis match was mixed with a male and a female on each
- ''My son attends a mixed school, unlike my daughter, who goes to the local all-girl grammar school.
- The tennis match was mixed with a male and a female on each side.
not completely pure
sporting: including both men and women
- German: gemischt
Mixed is the past tense of mix. It may also refer to:
- Mixed breed, an animal whose parents are from different breeds or species
- Mixed anomaly, in theoretical physics, an example of an anomaly
- Mixed data sampling, an econometric model developed by Ghysels
- Mixed Doubles, a play that was first performed
- Mixed drink, see cocktail
- Mixed forest, see Temperate broadleaf and mixed forests
- Mixed gauge, see Dual gauge
- Mixed government, a form of government that integrated facets of democracy, oligarchy, and monarchy
- Mixed inhibition, a combination of two different types of reversible enzyme inhibition
- Mixed language, a language that arises when two languages are in contact
- Mixed Martial Arts, a combat sport in which two competitors use different martial arts for fighting
- Mixed media, in visual art, refers to an artwork in the making of which more than one medium has been employed.
- Mixed metaphor, see Metaphor (language)
- Mixed oxide fuel, see Nuclear reprocessing
- Mixed reality, the merging of real world and virtual worlds
- Mixed spices, a common sweet blend of spices
- Mixed strategy, used in game theory economics
- Mixtape, a home-made compilation of songs
- Multiracial, a person who is of different races.
adulterated, amalgamated, ambiguous, ambivalent, amphibious, assimilated, associated, assorted, blemished, blended, clashing, combinative, combinatory, combined, complex, composite, compound, compounded, conflicting, confused, conglomerate, conjoint, conjugate, conjunctive, connected, connective, consolidated, contradictory, damaged, dappled, defective, deficient, diverse, eclectic, equivocal, erroneous, fallible, faulty, fifty-fifty, found wanting, fused, half-and-half, half-bred, heterogeneous, hybrid, immature, impaired, imperfect, imprecise, impure, inaccurate, inadequate, incomplete, incorporated, indiscriminate, inexact, integrated, interbred, intricate, involved, ironic, joined, joint, jumbled, lacking, makeshift, many-sided, mediocre, medley, merged, mingled, miscellaneous, mongrel, motley, muddled, multifaceted, multifarious, multinational, multiracial, not perfect, off, one, opposing, opposite, partial, patchy, pluralistic, promiscuous, scrambled, short, sketchy, syncretic, syncretistic, syncretized, synthesized, tainted, thrown together, undeveloped, uneven, unfinished, united, unperfected, unsound, unthorough, varied, various, wanting